The A&A Supercharger kit brings you dramatic increases in power while not degrading everyday drivability or highway gas mileage!
The system utilizes a large blow off valve that remains open at cruise and light throttle. This, essentially, allows the supercharger to “freewheel” under normal conditions, reducing parasitic loss to less than that of an alternator.
A naturally aspirated engine would require higher compression, a very aggressive camshaft, high flow cylinder heads with heavy duty valvetrain, exhaust headers with free flowing exhaust, larger throttle body, high flow intake manifold, free flowing air filter housing and duct, etc. Most of these parts are NOT emissions legal. The price of these components alone is higher than a supercharger system. The labor to install these is also much higher. Then there are the inherent problems brought to the vehicle by such a build. A large camshaft all but ruins everyday drivability AND gas mileage. Driving in traffic becomes a very trying experience. A stick shift car will buck and surge and an automatic car will be hard to hold back because of the increased idle speed required. Low speed torque is reduced with an aggressive camshaft which will require lower differential gearing and a high speed stall torque converter (automatic cars) to make up for it. This further degrades drivability and gas mileage. With all the components required for a high performance naturally aspirated car, the degradation in drivability and gas mileage, the total inability of the vehicle to pass emissions tests and the added expenditure, the vehicle would STILL have up to 100HP less than a stock Corvette with one of our standard systems bolted on.
Average increase TO THE REAR WHEELS is approximately 175 RWHP! No other modification, in this price range, even comes close.
A&A SYSTEM ADVANTAGES OVER THE COMPETITION
Superior Belt Drive System
Superior Intercooler Design
- Belt wrap is the key to eliminating belt slip and our proprietary bracket system offers more belt wrap than any other system on the market.
- Our bracket is CNC machined from 5/8” high quality 6061 aluminum plate and fly cut on both sides to assure absolute consistency in thickness. This is imperative for proper belt alignment.
- Our brackets are constantly quality checked by assembling on our “mock up” engine and checking alignment with a laser aligner.
Superior Engine Cooling
- Our intercooler design has evolved, through constant testing, into the most efficient intercooler system available for the late model Corvette.
- Our intercoolers rely on superior “air management” of the charge air as well as the ambient cooling airflow. Both are equally important and are often overlooked by the competition.
With the limited space available in a Corvette, positioning of the intercooler is critical.
- A large intercooler that is hidden behind the frame is not as efficient as a smaller intercooler that is exposed to full frontal airflow.
- We not only use a large intercooler, but we are able to ram more cooling air through the core with our “Ram Air” intercooler design. The integral scoop captures air from under the front fascia and forces it through the core. The entire core is exposed to this cooling air stream.
- Other designs allow air to travel over and around the intercooler.
- The interior of our intercoolers differ from the competition also. We utilize directional vanes in the lower tank to direct charge air evenly across the intercooler core. This is an expensive but very important addition.
- Intercooler positioning is equally important in how it affects engine cooling. Many supercharger systems are plagued by overheating issues due to intercooler placement. Our intercooler is placed much further forward than any other design. This allows the fans to draw cooling air through the radiator and AC condenser without being shrouded by the intercooler.
- We also leave the radiator mounted in its upright position for better cooling. Some competitors lay the radiator down at a steep angle which impedes air flow through the radiator.
Top Quality Components
- The A&A system is one of the best looking systems around.
- Fit and finish is second to none. Our brackets, ductwork and the supercharger, itself, are all show polished.
- Our top shroud fits perfectly and is powder coated satin black to compliment the polished components.
- All the visible couplers are high quality silicone and our “T Band” clamps are polished stainless steel.
- The entire system fits snuggly under your stock hood.
- You’ll be proud to show off your engine compartment with your A&A Supercharger system installed.
- We utilize only the highest quality components in our systems.
- Vortech head units are used exclusively.
- Highly efficient, hand welded, air to air intercoolers.
- Large Vortech blowoff valve (Maxflow® Race Valve)
- Aluminum charge tubing for lighter weight
- Silicone couplers
- Stainless steel clamps.
- High capacity injectors
- High capacity LPE fuel pump or Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
NOTE:Custom PCM calibration based on specific vehicle and engine modifications will be required for
use with this kit.
Please call or E-Mail to discuss pulley size, application, etc.
Images shown may not depict actual product.